Wednesday 29 April 2009

Trading Time

I belong to a wonderful group; The UK Craft Forum and a few of us have decided to do an ATC Swap, which is really exciting for me as I haven't done any swaps at all with this group yet, so I'm really looking forward to it. There is no theme for this particular swap, as long as it is an ATC, we can do whatever we fancied, so I let loose my creative self and this is what I came up with...


Burlesque Troupe - The Show

In true "Maygreen Fairies" Style I chose to use one of my cheeky vintage ladies as the centre piece for my ATC, making sure to cover her modesty with a little sparkly G-String! She is sitting on a swing which hangs from the stage show name plaque. She is actually raised slightly from the ATC for a 3D type effect and her gossamer thin wings protrude from her body to give added interest. The background for the ATC is taken from an old vintage music score that I have aged even more by using distress ink. The whole piece is then framed in gold leaf pen. I am really looking forward to sending it off to trade now and can't wait to see what I receive in return.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous!!!!

Jan xx

julie said...

o'h my goodness you were quick of the mark making your ATC and it looks fab. l've joined to but l may be a few days before mines ready l will post a picture on my blog then.

Sarah said...

So gorgeous as always Mandy, Thanks for stopping by my blog to see me....Hugs Sarah xx

KeKe said...

I *LOVE* it!!

SoCalWendie said...

I love it, great work! Something about vintage preformers always gets me

Helen Ding said...

Wow, I really have to get my thinking cap on now!

Le_Vintage said...

Oh My Gosh you are so talented look at all that fun stuff! Thats a very creative tag, i'm so glad you shared it with us

xoxo

Lola Enchanted said...

Your swap partner is certainly going to be one lucky person!