Sunday 4 October 2009

Let Handmade for Haiti Commence!!

The day is finally here... Handmade for Haiti officially starts tomorrow (Monday) yay!!. After months of planning, creating and gathering donations from you ohhh so generous people, we are now all set to go. I have spent the morning at Oxfam pricing up each item with the handmade Haiti Price Tags I created.... oh boy was this a long task!!! LOL!! There was so much to label, as we have received so many handmade donations.

We have actually got a whole load of stock that we couldn't display yet as there wasn't enough room in the window area and the display cabinet, so the second lot of items will be brought out into the window as we sell pieces. It's so wonderful that we have so much, we didn't expect to be able to fill the window twice over!

As you can see from the photo's we've had a huge amount of different handmade items from Primitive Dolls, to Cushions, Purses & Bags; Whimsical Fairy Doors, Beautiful button jewellery, beaded jewellery and cufflinks.
Crocheted items to include blankets, bags and sweet little crocheted flower brooches. Ohhh talking of brooches, we've also had pretty material and felt ones with lovely vintage buttons in the centre.... hhhhmmmmmm!!! It was so difficult to restrain myself from coming back home with loads of purchases.
Hats, berets and bonnets all different styles from chic to woolly winter warmers... something for everyone there!
Oh and not forgetting the darling knitted tea cosy above, it is simply scrumptious, with it's burnt orange autumnal colours.. perfect for this time of year don't you think?

And just look at the amazing felted bag and purse in the photo above, this was donated by "Created & Felted", you can find a link to their site and others who kindly donated in the side bar to your left.
Bookmarks, more brooches..... ohhhh what an array of goodies!! I just can't thank you all enough, I'm grinning from ear to ear whilst composing this post as I'm so proud of all you wonderful people who helped make this event possible... you are all amazing!!

On the counter top inside the store we have a box filled with the cards that have been donated, as well as gift tags, magnets and also more jewellery.

And just look at the display cabinet above!!! These little fairies have been hand sculpted just for Haiti... aren't they wonderful. And if you look to the back left you'll see the adorable felted doll from Sycamore Moon Studios, she's real special, please check out this site it is a real gem of a find!!
I have a small display of items from Maygreen Fairies above, and on the top shelf is art from the super talented Becky of Whymsical Musings and a Halloween Art Doll from the wonderful Polka Dot Pixie.
Getting in the festive spirit with handmade Halloween Bags, don't you just love the autumnal colours..... gorgeous aren't they?

And just take a peek at this Primitive Doll Duo, I had to restrain myself to not bring this one away with me, although I must confess if she's still there on Tuesday when I go into work, I think I might have to adopt her then! LOL!

I will keep you all posted on the progress of the sale over the next few days, it'll be fun to see what has sold when I next go into work on Tuesday. I am expecting good things!!! We've had lots of locals showing interest in the sale, and today when I was dressing the window so many passers by stopped in their tracks to peer through the glass and see what was going on.... Oh how exciting!!! Thank you again to all of you who have donated, I know many of you create items just for fun and don't have websites or blogs for me to refer people too, but those that do have blogs/sites I have listed your details on the left.... so readers check them all out, you're in for a real treat I promise!!!

4 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

I hope you get LOTS of proceeds for your cause. Thanks so much for putting this together! What a wonderful thing to do for the world.

Blessings!

Theresa

Bridgett said...

Wow!
What a collection!
So happy for you.

)O(
boo

Unknown said...

What a wonderful way to raise support for a worthy cause! I just found you and will be following the success in your endeavor. Enjoy the blessing you have earned!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Oh how I applaud you and your efforts ~ way to go gal!!! I love your gracious giving heart! Wishing you lots of sales!!! And that your sale will have a huge ripple effect! Blessings!!!