Wednesday 3 March 2010

Sea Maidens - A Work In Progress

It feels great today to get stuck into a client commission after several days of no crafting! The sun is shining, it's a gorgeous day, infact a perfect day to start a new project. This one is for a lady who is getting married later this year and wants Mermaid Name Plaques for her wedding tables.
I've started playing around with some vintage ladies and adding acetate mermaid fins to them to see which work best, as they will be sitting / laying across the top of each name plaque. As it's a family event I will be covering their modesty with tiny little white shells that I acquired sometime ago from various visits to the beach.
Any visible joins, such as fin to body, will be covered with either tiny clear crystals or crushed shell, I haven't yet decided. Also items such as watches (as above) will be disguised using crystal accents. This is still very much in the early stages, but once the plaques are finished I will showcase them here.

6 comments:

Sea Witch said...

You had me at Sea Maidens. Love that your client is using them for her wedding table. I had a sea wedding myself and utilized shells and fresh tropical flowers strewn on the tables. Can't wait to see your finished plaques. Sea Witch

Elaine A said...

Mandy -

I love what I see so far. They are just beautiful!

Elaine Allen

Ann said...

just beautiful..love the ideas to cover "seams"..looking forward to seeing the finished items. the images are lovely.

KerryLou said...

Hi! Your work is so beautiful and inspiring, I've nominated to you for a sunshine award!

Unknown said...

Mandy they are really so much work! But your results are always so lovely!

I know you will enjoy the Alice Movie it is just FABULOUS!
XXXOOO my dear friend.

Shona Cole said...

Hi there! Such lovely maidens. hope you post the finished art!

I am doing a blog giveaway on my blog 'An Artful Life' and this past Saturday your name was picked as the winner! If you stop by you can choose a gift.

thanks

Shona Cole