Saturday 26 February 2011

Birthday Goodies

Earlier this week I celebrated my Birthday and was very spoilt by my family and friends! Hubby outdid himself as usual and treated me to a wonderful Japanese Lunch followed by an afternoon browsing around the V&A Museum in London and then topped the day off with a fabulous Cabaret, La Soiree.
What I really want to share with you are images of a few of the gifts I received that I know you would enjoy perusing. The gorgeous vintage shoe mold was given to me by my parents, I have wanted one of these to display in my home for a while now but had never come across one with a stiletto heel, so I was over the moon when I unwrapped this treasure. Mum also came up trumps with the stunning glass cloche above, I'm still deciding what to display in it.

My wonderful friend Sarah knows me so well, she gave me the gorgeous glass containers above, full of buttons.... I adore buttons and use them in all sorts of creations from mixed media collages to adornments on scented pillows and of course to create jewellery. The glass jars now have pride of place on my desk.
I also treated myself to the wonderful paper doll above, created by the talented Amy Earles of Wool and Water, Amy is an amazing artist, check out her work here.

6 comments:

The Creative Bohemian said...

I'm drooling over that wooden shoe form! How fabulous that it has a heel!

Joane said...

What beautiful gifts! Glad you had a wonderful birthday and I with you many more to come!

Unknown said...

Sorry to be late wishing you a Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had a fabulous day, and what gorgeous presents!

Paula said...

Happy, Happy Belated Birthday! What a lucky girl you are to have received such wonderful gifts! I collect wooden shoe forms, so you know I am loving the one you received! Do you collect them? Or is this your first (or second?). :-) Your photographs are lovely, as usual.

Hope you're having a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Paula

Marie said...

Hi Amanda, just to let you know your guest blog post is now live! Thank you so much again - it looks great! Marie x

MaygreenFairies said...

Thank you ladies for my Birthday Congrats!! Paula, I don't collect the wooden shoes, but after receiving this one I might just start lol!! xx